Social media is a great way to connect with your customers online. For those who haven’t quite gotten their foot in the door online yet, here are some simple tips for starting out:
Start with the basics: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube are the most popular media outlets. Begin by focusing on just one of these and mastering it before moving on to the rest. Once you’ve mastered each of these basic platforms, try moving on to more time-consuming platforms such as Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Dedicate time to social media. Using social media can be time consuming, especially if you want results. Make sure you have a member of your team that can dedicate enough time to working with social media on a daily basis.
Post frequently! Aim for at least once or twice a day to start, then increase the frequency as you learn what type of post gets the most interaction. Accounts with little to no content won’t get much attention, so be active and stay updated.
Follow the 80/20 rule. Make sure only 20% of you content promotes your company specifically. Use the other 80% to share interesting articles from others relevant in your field.
Join the conversation! Interact with people by tweeting at them or posting to their wall. Respond to posts, retweet, and share to expand your audience reach!
Use images as much as possible! People love images and will be more likely to look at your post if it has a photo rather than just text.
Don’t post a novel. Keep posts short, sweet and to the point. Most people quickly scroll through their news feeds during their busy day and don’t want to take the time to read anything that is too long.
Social media can be a great tool for your company when used correctly. The most important tip for success in social media is to not be afraid to try it! Participating on social media is a trial and error process where not everything you try will work. Using social platforms could benefit your business greatly by allowing you to connect with customers or potential partners or even make a sale.