Name of Show: IMTS - International Manufacturing Technology Show
Show Sponsor: AMT - The Association For Manufacturing Technology
Show Dates: September 12-17, 2016
Show Location: McCormick Place • 2301 S Lake Shore Dr • Chicago, IL 60616 USA
About the Event
IMTS 2016 is the 31st edition of the premier manufacturing technology show in North America. More than 2,000 exhibiting companies will occupy 1.3 million net square feet of exhibit space at the McCormick Place complex in Chicago, Illinois. IMTS is held every even-numbered year in Chicago and attracts more than 114,000 buyers and sellers from over 112 countries.
To help guide attendees to booths quickly and easily, we organize exhibits in Pavilions that are geared toward specific industries, technologies and solutions. Find out more about the pavilions.
Manufacturing industry professionals from all over the world attend IMTS to see more than 15,000 new machine tools, controls, computers, software, components, systems and processes that can improve their efficiency. They gain valuable ideas and insights from over 2,000 exhibitors from the metalworking industry. They come to look and they come to buy.
Over 2,000 exhibitors from the metalworking industry will display their products and productivity solutions at McCormick Place in Chicago covering 1.3 million net square feet of show floor. Leading manufacturers will display their equipment in product category pavilions:
- Metal Cutting: contains everything from machining centers and assembly automation to flexible manufacturing systems and lathes.
- Tooling & Workholding Systems: features jigs, fixtures, cutting tools of all types and related accessories.
- Fabricating / Laser / Additive: home to waterjet, plasma-arc and laser systems, welding equipment, heat treating, additive and more.
- Other pavilions at IMTS include Abrasive Machining /Sawing/Finishing; Controls & CAD –CAM; EDM; Gear Generation; Machine Components/ Cleaning/ Environmental and Quality Assurance.
You can see a complete range of manufacturing technology solutions during your visit to IMTS, making this truly manufacturing’s most comprehensive event. Complementing the metalworking solutions that you’ll see at IMTS are five additional co-located shows:
- Industrial Automation North America
- Motion Drive, & Automation North America
- Surface North America
- ComVac North America
- Industrial Supply North America
The IMTS Conference brings the industry together, under one roof and at one time, to discuss new opportunities. Network with a community of your industry peers and explore fresh ideas to enhance your business. Leave with different perspectives on overcoming day-to-day and long-range challenges.
Sessions explore innovative as well as revered technologies, business development and optimization, plus workforce efficiency and productivity. Learn more.
East & West Buildings: 9am to 5pm
North, C Hall and South Buildings: 10am to 6pm
AMT - The Association For Manufacturing Technology
7901 Westpark Drive
McLean, VA 22102-4206 USA
Show Management Staff
Sign-up for the IMTS Insider to stay informed - get the latest news on IMTS.
Who attended? What did they see? What were the show stats? Get the full story on sales, exhibitors, attendees and much more.