Find older versions of the Insider with the menu below.
Save the Date
The dates are set for IMTS 2014. Don't miss out... Save the Date:
September 8-13, 2014!
Advancements are Happening Faster than Most of Us Realize
November 13, 2013 Issue
Elizabeth Engler Modic
Editor, Today's Medical Developments
Three-dimensional printing – additive manufacturing – is starting to become the big buzzword not only the medical design and manufacturing sector, but also in everyday conversations. However, about 19 years ago it was very much not on my radar.
From the time I entered this sector, my editorial responsibilities were always geared toward covering new technology, medical manufacturing, and software. So, in 1995, I headed off on my first business trip and it happened to be up in Minnesota to visit Stratasys. A group of editors was invited to learn about a new technology hitting the scene. I mean, there was all this 3D printing chatter going on, so of course I wanted to see it up close in order to understand how it was going to influence the industry.
- Event Review: Mobile Changes Everything
- Pro-manufacturing Package Introduced in the Senate
- Manufacturing Technology Orders Up in September
- Socializing with the Media
- The Myth of Lean Manufacturing
- Sustainable Manufacturing Technologies: Getting More for Less (Part 1)