Modern Industries, Inc.
613 W 11th Street
PO Box 399
Erie, PA 16512
United States of America
About Modern Industries, Inc.
As a manufacturing operation that faces global competition, we fully understand that the need work to faster, smarter and at a lower cost is the key to success in today’s competitive marketplace.
The mPower line includes the SpeedLoc™ precision quickchange fixturing and mounting system, ModLoc™ modular tooling columns, SpinLoc™ indexers, and Spin-Select™ multi-pocket tool holders. The advanced technology engineered into our unique product line offers you numerous exclusive benefits.
No quick change fixture mounting system available today for tooling and workholding equipment compares to the speed, ease of installation and precise repeatability offered by the patent pending SpeedLoc™ precision fixturing and mounting system. SpeedLoc offers .0004" repeatability and significantly greater hold down strength, all at a fraction of the cost compared to zero point systems.
Our Spin-Select™ tool was created to increase productivity and consistency by decreasing downtime associated with lathe cutting tool and insert setups or changeovers. This product is a game-changer for the industry. Spin select allows automated lather cells to operate at least 5X longer between insert changes, without redundant tool holders.
SpinSelect’s patented, unique design allows for quick indexing and changing between its five pockets with a simple ¼ turn of a socket head cap screw. Each pocket can house a different tool, allowing for a quick change between operations without having to requalify the tools. It excels at cutting harder materials, as the pockets are 30% stronger than traditional shank tools, allowing more rigid tools to be loaded.
Designed for use on most lathes having a turret or tool post, SpinSelect™ offers significantly better throughput on machining tasks such as heavy roughing, harder material removal, and short runs. Machining operators have seen up to an 85% savings on changeover and setup times as SpinSelect™ creates a nearly continuous runtime with offline insert changes/reloading.
mPower’s™ SpinLoc™ indexers provide an economical way to expand the capabilities of your existing vertical and horizontal machining centers with 4th or 5th axis accessibility to the work piece. SpinLoc’s™ unique, patented rotary indexer delivers mechanically actuated 5° movement without costly external power supplies or hydraulic pumps.
SpinLoc’s™ vertical pump indexers are also available for VMC/HMC applications and for use on the exclusive SpeedLoc™ Trunnion Kit. No other system compares to the range of features, benefits and operating advantages of SpinLoc™. Consider how these exclusive indexers can positively impact your competitive edge.
In designing the unique ModLoc™ modular tooling columns, mPower™ engineers borrowed heavily from the principles of advanced structural engineering to produce a tooling column where the fixture plates essentially become the structure and strength of the system.
Rigid and strong, yet substantially lighter than cast tombstones, ModLoc™ modular tooling columns assemble quickly and feature an open architecture that is ideal for systems requiring hydraulic or electrical control systems.
ModLoc™ modular tombstones take full advantage of the incredible precision and efficiency of the SpeedLoc™ work holding system to cut fixture plate setups to just seconds.
- Automation & Material Handling > Workpiece Handling, Loading and Feeding Equipment
- Cutting & Forming Tools > Cut-Off Tools/Attachments
- Cutting & Forming Tools > Facing Tools/Heads
- Cutting & Forming Tools > Tool Holders and Adapters
- Cutting & Forming Tools > Tooling Systems, Modular and/or Quick-Change
- Machine Components and Accessories > Connectors & Fasteners
- Machine Components and Accessories > Indexers and Rotary Tables
- Machine Components and Accessories > Machinery Mountings, Levels, Anchors, Dampers
- Machine Components and Accessories > Milling Heads/Attachments
- Machine Components and Accessories > Tool Turrets
- Services > Consulting Services
- Services > Contract Manufacturing and Machining Services
- Services > Tool Repair, Coating, and Treatment Services
- Workholding Devices > Angle & Sub Plates
- Workholding Devices > Chucks, Index
- Workholding Devices > Fixturing Systems
- Workholding Devices > Workholding, Custom
- SpeedLoc, SpicLoc, ModLoc, SpinSelect