Oak Ridge National Laboratory
PO Box 2008
1 Bethel Valley Road
Oak Ridge, TN 37831
West Building, Level 3 & Annex - 431609
About Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) provides exceptional researchers with distinctive equipment and unique facilities to solve some of the nation’s most compelling challenges. As the largest US Department of Energy (DOE) open science laboratory, ORNL’s mission is to deliver scientific discoveries and technical breakthroughs that will accelerate the development and deployment of solutions in clean energy and global security while creating economic opportunities for the nation.
ORNL creates and deploys multidisciplinary and multi-institutional teams whose efforts transform fundamental research into new technologies and applications. Signature strengths in neutron scattering, high-performance computing, advanced materials, and nuclear science and engineering are the foundation for a broad research and development portfolio.
• Forefront science using neutrons
• Leadership-class computing, data infrastructure, and data analytics for science
• Advanced materials for energy applications
• Next-generation nuclear power
• Biological, environmental, and Earth system sciences
• Sustainable solutions for buildings, transportation, manufacturing, and energy generation and consumption
• Science and technology for national security.
The Department of Energy’s Manufacturing Demonstration Facility (MDF) is an ORNL user facility that helps industry adopt new manufacturing technologies to reduce life-cycle energy, lower production cost and create new products and opportunities for high-paying jobs. Some of the basic science research conducted at the MDF will be showcased in the Additive Emerging Technology Center during IMTS.
- Additive Manufacturing Equipment > Deposition
- Additive Manufacturing Equipment > Fusion/Lamination/Photopolymerization
- EDM / ECM / Lasers / Welding / Plasma & Water Jet Cutting > Coating Equipment