IMTS 2018 Exhibitor Workshop Aims to Inform & Inspire
The IMTS 2018 Exhibitor Workshop aims to give IMTS exhibitors the information, inspiration and interaction to have the most successful show experience possible!
The workshop opens with a Welcome Reception on Monday, January 22, from 5 to 7 p.m., featuring the Chicago Blues All-Stars band, giving you a chance to unwind and connect with peers and vendors. The next day, attendees can select from more than 60 topics, led by subject-matter experts, through a variety of sessions, knowledge bar visits, or one-on-one meetings. On Wednesday, workshop staff will take attendees on a tour of McCormick Place highlighting new halls, hotels, and gathering spaces.
The workshop is designed to give exhibitor operations, marketing and sales staff the information they need to prepare and launch the best IMTS show experience possible. Topics range from booth design and shipping logistics to executing a marketing and sales strategy before, during and after the show.
- Steve Miller, President of the Adventure, is an energetic speaker bursting with unconventional marketing ideas. In this large group session, Prepare Your Booth Staff, Steve will share straightforward practices to train your staff on how to interact and converse with visitors in your booth to quickly identify potential buyers and politely move-on from nonbuyers. Steve is a business advisor and author of eight books on marketing and trades shows. Meetings & Conventions Magazine calls Steve Miller the Idea Man for his non-traditional approach to marketing and branding. Steve’s clients have ranged from entrepreneurs to Fortune 100 companies, including Proctor & Gamble, Boeing, Nordstrom, Starbucks, Caterpillar, Philips Electronics, Coca-Cola, and Halliburton.
- Dana Super, Marketing Manager at Grob Systems, Inc., draws upon her more than 25 years of experience helping exhibitors get ready for IMTS. In Prepare Your IMTS Budget, you’ll walk away knowing what items you’ll need to consider, helpful hints to weigh their value, and a clear idea of the costs as you prepare for IMTS 2018.
- Melissa Kline Skavlem, Chief Marketing Officer at Gardner Business Media, will address all the sponsorship opportunities available at IMTS 2018 in Tabletops, Cups, Napkins, Hotel Keycard Sponsorships. With more than 30 years of marketing experience at IMTS, Melissa has been helping exhibitors get their names in front of potential buyers to drive them to your booth.
- Ed Zilinskas, Executive Vice President at Lab Exhibits, is a 25-year veteran of the trade show and custom exhibit industry. In Preparing Your IMTS Booth Display Ed will address key steps that are integral in executing a time-sensitive, detail-oriented plan within budgetary constraints while also communicating their message to create a positive and memorable experience for their target audience. Ed combines his experience as a show floor supervisor with his executive-level design and marketing vision for his customers.
- Mike Wohlitz, Senior Vice President of Event Services at Freeman Xp, will share his tips and tricks for creating a technical savvy booth for even the tightest budgets in Learn How to Say It Thru AV. He has created and organized the technical development of video, scenic design, fabrication, graphics, and script writing for some of the world’s largest televised events including the Olympics, as well as organizations such as the NFL, MLB, ESPN, USA, NBC, FOX, CNN, Nickelodeon, OWN, and Oprah Winfrey.
Review the IMTS 2018 Exhibitor Workshop schedule to read more about the speakers, sessions and knowledge bar topics.