An Exhibitor's Guide to IMTS 2018
This is your guide to the most frequently asked questions by IMTS exhibitors. The information has been sorted into 10 categories so you can quickly find what you need.
September 10-15, 2018
September 14-19, 2020
2301 S. King Drive, Chicago, IL 60616
IMTS will occupy all four of the buildings at McCormick Place: North, South, East, & West. There is over 1.3 million square feet of exhibit space. Each building will have specific product pavilions:
- North Building:
- LVL 1: Smartforce Student Summit
- LVL 3: Abrasive Machining/Sawing/ Finishing • Fabricating & Lasers • Gear Generation
- South Building: LVL 3: Metal Cutting
- East Building:
- LVL 2: Machine Components/Cleaning/ Environmental
- LVL 3: Controls & CAD/CAM • EDM • Quality Assurance
- West Building:
- LVL 3: Additive Manufacturing • Tooling & Workholding Systems
- W375 (Skyline Ballroom): Tooling & Workholding Systems Annex
For the first time in its history, the HANNOVER MESSE brand will be exported out of Germany. Premiering alongside IMTS in September 2018, HANNOVER MESSE USA will showcase the latest solutions in manufacturing technology with the following shows in the East Building:
- Integrated Automation, Motion & Drives (IAMD) USA
- Surface-Technology USA
- ComVac USA
- Industrial Supply USA
North Building & South Building: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm;
SmartForce Student Summit: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
East Building, Level 3 & West Building, Level 3: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
East Building, Level 2 & West Building, Level 3 Annex: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Aug 29 - Sept 1: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Sept 4 - 8: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Sept 9: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Sept 10 - 15:
- East & West Building: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- North & South Building: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
The chart below provides all necessary booth information:
|Building||Building Number||Level||Booth Number Range||Booth Numbers|
|East||1||3||3000 – 5999||133000 – 135999|
|East||1||2||1000 – 2099||121000 – 122099|
|North||2||3||6000 – 7999||236000 – 237999|
|North||2||1||0100 – 0999||210100 – 210999|
|South||3||3||8000 – 9999||338000 – 339999|
|West||4||3||1000 – 2999||431000 – 432999|
Coat and baggage checks are at various locations throughout McCormick Place.
- East – E256 (7:00 am - 5:30 pm)
- South – S100a (8:00 am - 6:30 pm)
- West – Transportation (8:00 am - 6:30 pm)
Children under 18 may attend IMTS during show hours only Sept. 10–15 and must be accompanied by an adult.
Children under 18 are not permitted on the show floor during move-in (Aug. 30–Sept. 9) and move-out (Sept. 16–22).
Some items may be purchased directly on the show floor. Shipping arrangements must be made between the visitor and exhibitor. Equipment may not leave the show floor until your move-out target date.
Cameras and video recording devices are allowed on the show floor; however, each exhibitor may limit the use of photography in their booth. Exhibitors may have a ‘No Photography’ sign in the booth. To obtain a ‘No Photography’ sign, visit the IMTS Show Office in your building. To take photos of another booth, permission must be obtained from the booth personnel.
GES – Global Experience Specialists is the official general contractor for IMTS. Contact GES at IMTSService@ges.com or call 866.280.7765; 630.671.7960.
Machinery and display target dates/ times can be found in your e-Kit or on the Freight/Carrier Info Page. Hanging sign installation dates/times will be released July 25, 2018. All hanging signs MUST be shipped to the IMTS Advance Warehouse.
|Move-In Dates & Hours|
|Dark Days (Exhibit Halls Closed):
|Show Hours (Sept. 10 – 15, 2018)|
|East & West Buildings
|Move-Out Dates & Hours|
|Move-Out Days (All Buildings):
We have four official e-Newsletters:
- IMTS Exhibitor Report: Just for exhibitors! This has all the latest information on the show. You’ll receive alerts, upcoming deadlines, marketing & media tips, booth planning, and travel information, just to name a few.
- Wake-Up IMTS: Your daily morning insight for upcoming events and latest news from the show floor. Produced show days only (Sept 10–15).
- IMTS Technology e-Newsletter: Your in-depth guide to the most exciting and innovative products that will be on display at the show. This e-newsletter begins its publication cycle approximately 8 weeks prior to IMTS.
- The IMTS Insider: This is your one-stop destination for updates about the show, as well as information on business solutions, manufacturing technology advances, marketing & sales tips, professional development, and industry events.