IMTS Fact Sheet
Name of Show: IMTS - International Manufacturing Technology Show
Show Sponsor: AMT - The Association For Manufacturing Technology
Show Dates: September 12-17, 2016
Show Location: McCormick Place, 2301 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60616 USA
About the Event:
IMTS 2016 is the 31st edition of the largest manufacturing technology show in North America. More than 2,000 exhibiting companies will occupy 1.3 million net square feet of exhibit space at the McCormick Place complex in Chicago, Illinois. IMTS is held every two years in Chicago and attracts more than 114,000 buyers and sellers from over 112 countries.
To help guide attendees to locate booths quickly and easily, we organize exhibits in various Pavilions that are geared toward specific industries, technologies and solutions. Find out more about the pavilions.
Manufacturing industry professionals from all over the world attend IMTS to view more than 15,000 new machine tools, controls, computers, software, components, systems and procedures developed to improve efficiency. They gain valuable ideas and insights from over 2,000 exhibitors from the metalworking industry. Various reason bring them with the goal to improve efficiency.
Over 2,000 exhibitors from the metalworking industry will display their products and solutions at McCormick Place in Chicago. Many of the leading manufacturers will display their equipment in pavilions fitting the topic category:
- Metal Cutting: covers all topics concening machining centers and assembly automation to flexible manufacturing systems and lathes.
- Tooling & Workholding Systems: features jigs, fixtures, cutting tools of all types and related accessories.
- Fabricating / Laser / Additive: home to waterjet, plasma-arc and laser systems, welding equipment, heat treating, additive and more.
- Other pavilions at IMTS include Abrasive Machining /Sawing/Finishing; Controls & CAD –CAM; EDM; Gear Generation; Machine Components/ Cleaning/ Environmental and Quality Assurance.
You will have complete access to a range of manufacturing technology solutions during your visit to IMTS, making this truly manufacturing’s most comprehensive event. Adding to the metalworking solutions that you’ll see at IMTS are five additional co-located shows:
- Industrial Automation North America
- Motion Drive, & Automation North America
- Surface North America
- ComVac North America
- Industrial Supply North America
TThe IMTS Conference brings the industry together for display to find new opportunities, all at once and all under one roof! Network with a community of your industry peers and explore new and innovative ideas to enhance your business. Leave with different perspectives on overcoming day-to-day and long-range challenges.
Sessions explore innovative as well as revered technologies, business development techniques and plan for optimization, plus work force efficiency and productivity. Learn more.
AMT - The Association For Manufacturing Technology
7901 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 900
McLean, VA 22102-4206 USA
Exhibits only registration opens in February, 2016. You will be able to add Conferences to your IMTS registration beginning in May.
Sign-up for the IMTS Insider to stay informed and get the latest news on IMTS, plus news from around the industry.