IMTS Fact Sheet
Name of Show: IMTS - International Manufacturing Technology Show
Show Sponsor: AMT - The Association For Manufacturing Technology
Show Dates: September 14-19, 2020
Show Location: McCormick Place, 2301 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60616 USA
About the Event:
IMTS 2018 was the 32nd edition of the premier manufacturing technology show in North America. More than 2,000 exhibiting companies occupied 1.2 million net square feet of exhibit space at the McCormick Place complex in Chicago, Illinois. IMTS is held every even-numbered year in Chicago and attracts more than 114,000 buyers and sellers from over 112 countries.
To help guide visitors to booths quickly and easily, we organize exhibits in Pavilions that are geared toward specific industries, technologies and solutions. Find out more about the pavilions.
Manufacturing industry professionals from all over the world attend IMTS to see more than 15,000 new machine tools, controls, computers, software, components, systems and processes that can improve their efficiency. They gain valuable ideas and insights from over 2,000 of the worlds leading equipment producers. They come to look and they come to buy.
Over 2,000 exhibitors from the metalworking industry will display their products and productivity solutions at McCormick Place in Chicago covering 1.2 million net square feet of show floor. Leading manufacturers will display their equipment in product category pavilions:
- Metal Cutting: contains everything from machining centers and assembly automation to flexible manufacturing systems and lathes.
- Tooling & Workholding Systems: features jigs, fixtures, cutting tools of all types and related accessories.
- Metal Forming & Fabricating & Laser Processes: home to waterjet, plasma-arc and laser systems, welding equipment, heat treating and more.
- Other pavilions at IMTS include Abrasive Machining /Sawing/Finishing; Additive Manufacturing, Controls & CAD –CAM; EDM; Gear Generation; Industrial Automation North America; Machine Components/ Cleaning/ Environmental and Quality Assurance.
The IMTS Conference brings the industry together, under one roof and at one time, to discuss new opportunities. Network with a community of your industry peers and explore fresh ideas to enhance your business. Leave with different perspectives on overcoming day-to-day and long-range challenges.
While the technical subjects that are presented will cover a range of issues, they fall into these main categories:
- Manufacturing Process Innovations
- Additive/Alternative Manufacturing
- Plant Operations
- Industry 4.0/IIOT
AMT - The Association For Manufacturing Technology
7901 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 900
McLean, VA 22102-4206 USA