Visa Application Tips
- Apply EARLY! New screening processes are in place at all U.S. Embassies that could delay your application processing time. We suggest you begin the visa application as soon as possible.
- Please be sure to plan ahead for the show and request your letter of invitation as much as 4-6 months in advance. For more accurate application processing times you should consult with your local U.S. consular website.
- To determine typical wait times and to secure an interview or to contact the Consular Section of your local Embassy visit the U.S. Department of State website.
- Present proof that you have strong ties to your country of residence. Evidence of your employment and/or your family ties may be sufficient to show the purpose of your trip and your intent to return to your home country. If possible, show proof that you have traveled internationally before and have returned within the time restrictions of your visa.
- Present your letter of invitation to the Consular Officer during the visa interview. The letter of invitation, though not required for the visa application, can assist as a supporting document.
Register to Attend IMTS
Don’t miss the chance to be part of the premier manufacturing technology show in North America. See you in Chicago in September 2020!Sign Up for IMTS Today
Subscribe to the Insider
The IMTS Insider is your one-stop destination for updates about IMTS as well as the latest news from the industry. Subscribe to have the Insider delivered to your inbox monthly!Get the Insider
Get all the information you need to know about the premier manufacturing technology show in North America. From show hours and pavilions to the history of IMTS!Learn More