September 16, 2015
IMTS – The International Manufacturing Technology Show 2016 Expands Its Offerings
McLean, VA — Based on exhibitor sales and current plans, IMTS — The International Manufacturing Technology Show 2016 is expected to be one of the largest in show history with even more to offer visitors. The show will be held September 12-17, 2016, at Chicago’s McCormick Place. Registration will open on February 1, 2016.
Early results on participating exhibitors and exhibitor floor square footage contracted for IMTS 2016 are both ahead of the IMTS 2014 pace at 1,382 exhibitors and 1.256 million net square feet (twenty-two percent increase and eight percent increase, respectively).
“After the largest IMTS in more than a decade in 2014, the IMTS 2016 show is building to be even stronger. IMTS 2016 will expand to five halls of McCormick Place with the addition of Hall C in the North Building. It is very exciting to see the continued interest and real growth in manufacturing in the United States,” said Peter R. Eelman, Vice President — Exhibitions & Communications at AMT — The Association For Manufacturing Technology, which produces and owns IMTS. “The show is expecting more than 100,000 visitors from 112 countries who will come to gather ideas and see new technologies in action. IMTS is the place where innovation thrives.”
To help guide visitors around the vast exhibits and find their areas of interest quickly and easily, IMTS is organized into nine pavilions:
- The Abrasive Machining/Sawing/Finishing Pavilion features technology for applications that require high tolerance and precision surface finish including grinding technology, as well as sawing and cutoff machines and a variety of finishing technologies, such as lapping, balancing, honing and polishing machines.
- The Controls & CAD-CAM Pavilion offers the world of custom automation and the latest software needed to extract the maximum efficiency from machine tools to optimize plant operations and cost efficiency.
- In the EDM Pavilion, everything from CNC wire EDM equipment to die sinking machines can be found by manufacturing professionals in the tool & die industry and especially those who specialize in one-off or specialty components.
- The Fabricating/Laser/Additive Pavilion is devoted to showcasing the latest technology in fabricating, metal forming, laser, and waterjet-based machining and additive manufacturing, along with displays of welding, metal treating and marking equipment.
- The Gear Generation Pavilion is devoted to gear cutting, forming and finishing, as well as broaching, shaping and slotting machines and will spotlight traditional applications such as auto, construction, mining and ship-building, plus the emerging alternative energy and wind power sectors.
- Focusing on the myriad of goods needed to run a plant, the Machine Components/Cleaning/Environmental Pavilion will offer everything from the parts to service and monitor machines to the components necessary for safe and environmentally responsible operations.
- The Metal Cutting Pavilion is the center of the very foundation of the machine tool industry. Here, visitors will find the latest innovations in metal cutting equipment including machining centers, turning centers and the entire range of metal cutting technology.
- The Quality Assurance Pavilion features metrology equipment and systems that keep processes on track, as well as the equipment that will check the accuracy of machines.
- The Tooling & Workholding Systems Pavilion offers all the necessities and innovative solutions to tooling challenges. Here, visitors can maximize the investment in their machinery and equipment by finding the latest technology that will allow for minimum setup and machining time, give new capabilities to older equipment and explore the latest in state-of-the-art workholding systems.
There are some exciting new additions to this year’s show from Hannover Fairs USA. They will bring three additional shows to IMTS, including:
- Industrial Automation North America
The best in industrial automation solutions will be featured at Industrial Automation North America, a show that made its North American debut in 2012. Featuring factory, process, and building automation, this event is distinguishing itself as the place to see the automation industry’s most innovative solutions and technologies.
- Motion, Drive & Automation North America
The inaugural Motion, Drive & Automation North America became a networking hub of North America’s power transmission, motion control and fluid technology sectors. Meet face-to-face with key suppliers from around the world and see first-hand the best new technology available.
- Surface Technology North America
This event will cover the entire spectrum of industrial surface treatment and finishing — from cleaning and pre-treatment to coatings, paint finishes, and electroplating. Surface Technology will surely provide a powerful platform for business development and expanding professional networks.
- ComVac North America
Highlighting the latest product developments, technology, and plant & system components for all areas of compressed air and vacuum, ComVac will surely provide a great opportunity for networking and create a strong synergy with the already well-established Industrial Automation North America and Motion, Drive & Automation North America.
- Industrial Supply North America
Covering the entire spectrum of industrial subcontracting and lightweight construction, this is the event where you will find supply solutions across the entire industrial value chain.
AMT’s Emerging Technology Center will return in the North Building showcasing advancements in the medical technology industry.
After building the first 3D-printed car, Strati, at IMTS 2014, Local Motors will continue to bring excitement to the show. This time with a race track, another addition to the Hall C, so visitors can take a ride in some of their most inventive automobiles, including the Strati, as seen on the Today Show and on the cover of Popular Mechanics.
The Advanced Manufacturing Center (AMC), brought to you by Gardner Business Media, Inc. and IMTS, will explore the top trends and technologies being adopted by leading manufacturers. A visit to the AMC in the West Building will give visitors knowledge they need to understand the application and relevance of these top trends in their plant/shop. The booth will also feature highlights from two dynamic conferences at IMTS 2016: The Additive Manufacturing Conference, which will focus on additive technologies for industrial part production, and the TRAM (Trends in Advanced Machining, Manufacturing and Materials) Conference, which is additionally sponsored by Boeing and the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre of the University of Sheffield.
Another featured booth in the West Building is the Today’s Technology Center (TTC), sponsored by GIE Media and IMTS. The TTC will again feature top advancements in each industry segment, including medical, aerospace, energy, and automotive. One of the highlights will be the Ohio State University’s EcoCar3 Challenge team which will bring its modified 2016 Chevy Camaro to the show and staff the booth with engineering and communications students. Students will explain how they’ve transformed the muscle car into a plug-in hybrid and how they hope to get top fuel economy and sports car performance levels at the same time.
There will be nine educational opportunities for visitors to attend. The four-day IMTS Conference runs Sept. 12-15, 2016, and is slated to include 69 sessions that explore topics including process innovations, manufacturing technology and trends, alternative manufacturing processes, metrology/quality and plant operations. Conferences sponsored by Hannover Fairs USA include: the Motion, Drive & Automation Conference; Global Automation and Manufacturing Summit; Industrial Supply N.A.; Surface Tech; and Fluid Power. EOS North America is offering its North American Users Conference. Gardner Business Media will once again sponsor the popular TRAM — Trends in Advanced Manufacturing Conference, along with the Additive Manufacturing Conference. Registration to any of the conferences affords participants access to the show floor. Conference registration opens in May 2016.
The Smartforce Student Summit at IMTS is designed to encourage the next generation of young people to consider a career in manufacturing. The bar was set high in 2014 when students, educators, administrators and parent chaperones from more than 450 schools and dozens of scout troops attended. The goal is to extend the reach of the Student Summit into more U.S. states to attract more students who will be nearing workforce readiness now and around IMTS 2016.
The Miles for Manufacturing 5K Walk/Run, presented by GIE Media and IMTS, will return to the show, where it got its start in 2014, to raise money for a school that promotes manufacturing to its students. Since the inaugural race, the Miles for Manufacturing 5K has been held at The MFG Meeting, March 5, 2015, and will be held at the Global Forecasting & Marketing Conference, October 13, 2015, in Cleveland, Ohio. It’s a great opportunity for IMTS attendees to get moving for a cause that supports workforce development in manufacturing.
“At one year out, we can say with confidence that IMTS 2016 will provide the environment for the industry to find solutions to their biggest manufacturing challenges and strategies to increase profits,” Eelman said. “Be sure to put IMTS 2016 on your calendar, Sept. 12-17, and join us in Chicago where you will see the latest in technology from leading manufacturing companies.”
Download the IMTS 2016 logo and photos: IMTS.com/media
Visitor housing and registration for IMTS 2016 opens February 1, 2016.
View the IMTS 2016 floor plan: www.IMTS.com/floorplan.
IMTS — International Manufacturing Technology Show
The largest and longest running manufacturing technology trade show in the United States is held every other year at McCormick Place in Chicago, Ill. IMTS 2016 will run Sept. 12-17. IMTS is ranked among the largest trade shows in the world. Recognized as one of the world’s preeminent stages for introducing and selling manufacturing equipment and technology, IMTS attracts more than 114,000 visitors from every level of industry and more than 112 countries. IMTS is owned and managed by AMT — The Association For Manufacturing Technology. www.IMTS.com
AMT — The Association For Manufacturing Technology
AMT — The Association For Manufacturing Technology represents and promotes U.S.-based manufacturing technology and its members—those who design, build, sell, and service the continuously evolving technology that lies at the heart of manufacturing. Founded in 1902 and based in Virginia, the association specializes in providing targeted business assistance, extensive global support, and business intelligence systems and analysis. AMT is the voice that communicates the importance of policies and programs that encourage research and innovation, and the development of educational initiatives to create tomorrow’s Smartforce. AMT owns and manages IMTS — The International Manufacturing Technology Show, which is the premier manufacturing technology event in North America. www.AMTonline.org
- AMT - www.AMTonline.org
- View IMTS videos on the IMTS YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/imtsvideos
- Follow IMTS on Twitter - @IMTS_2016
- Like IMTS on Facebook - www.facebook.com/imts.show
- IMTS on LinkedIn