January 27, 2021
IMTS spark "DemoDays" Features Interactive Demonstrations, Offers Six Concentrated Learning Opportunities
McLean, Va., (January 27, 2021) — For six consecutive Wednesdays from February 3 to March 10, IMTS – The International Manufacturing Technology Show will host “IMTS Demo Days” on its IMTS spark digital platform. Inspired by the pavilions at IMTS, which physically group related exhibitors, IMTS Demo Days organizes demonstrations of core manufacturing technologies within a specific time period. IMTS Demo Days run from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Central Time. Participants can interact with exhibitor’s during their presentations, which will be archived for viewing on demand at imts.com/spark.
The six IMTS Demo Day technology focuses and associated companies are:
- February 3: CNCs, Controls, Systems & Software; presenters include Mazak, Epicor Software, FANUC, Esprit/DP Technology, VKS – Visual Knowledge Share and Siemens Industry.
- February 10: Additive Manufacturing; presenters include Okuma America, Mazak, EOS, Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, 3D Systems, Trumpf, Formlabs, Ingersoll Machine Tools, Autodesk and Bruker Corporation.
- February 17: Robots/Automation & Inspection; presenters include Okuma America, Doosan Machine Tools America, Germany Trade & Invest, Zeiss Industrial Quality Solutions, Renishaw, SAP America, Zoller, United Grinding North America, Autodesk, Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence and 3M Abrasive Systems.
- February 24: Tooling & Workholding; presenters include BIG KAISER, Techniks Tool Group, Haimer USA, SMW Autoblock and Autodesk.
- March 3: Milling & Machining Centers; presenters include Mazak, Okuma America, United Grinding North America, Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence and Autodesk.
- March 10: Turning/Production Machining; presenters include Okuma America, Mazak, Marubeni Citizen-Cincom, Sunnen Products, Heidenhain and Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence.
“IMTS Demo Days feature presentations from the industry's most-respected technology leaders,” says Travis Egan, Vice President & Chief Revenue Officer at AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology, which owns and produces IMTS. “Each day offers a concentrated learning opportunity that will help job shops and OEMs find current and transformative equipment that enables them to better compete in this unprecedented era of transformation.”
“IMTS Demo Days also features technology- and trend-focused conversations with AMT leading experts and editors from Gardner Business Media (GBM), who will share insights gained during their visits to thousands of job shops and OEMs.”
About IMTS spark
IMTS spark runs through March 15, 2021. To participate in a live event or view on-demand content, register for a free MySpark Planner account and then research possibilities. Content is organized into six showcases and also enables discovering content through Exhibitors and Product Categories, Knowledge Centers and Conferences. To strategically approach IMTS spark content, Egan suggests listing operational challenges, identifying team members by area of expertise, exploring IMTS spark content and assigning specific people to specific content topics.
View Demo Days Schedule: www.imts.com/demodays
IMTS – International Manufacturing Technology Show – The largest and longest running manufacturing technology trade show in the United States is held every other year at McCormick Place in Chicago, Ill. IMTS 2022 will run Sept. 12-17. IMTS is ranked among the largest trade shows in the world. Recognized as one of the world’s preeminent stages for introducing and selling manufacturing equipment and technology as well as connecting the industry’s supply chain. IMTS attracts visitors from every level of industry and more than 117 countries. IMTS 2018 was the largest in number of registrations (129,415), net square feet of exhibit space (1,424,232 sq. ft.), booths (2,123) and exhibiting companies (2,563). IMTS is owned and managed by AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology.
IMTS 2022, Sept. 12-17, McCormick Place, Chicago, Ill.
ReBuilding the Supply Chain
ReThink. ReEngage. ReEstablish.
Digital Manufacturing. Implemented.
AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology represents and promotes U.S.-based manufacturing technology and its members—those who design, build, sell, and service the continuously evolving technology that lies at the heart of manufacturing. Founded in 1902 and based in Virginia, the association specializes in providing targeted business assistance, extensive global support, and business intelligence systems and analysis. AMT is the voice that communicates the importance of policies and programs that encourage research and innovation, and the development of educational initiatives to create tomorrow’s Smartforce. AMT owns and manages IMTS – The International Manufacturing Technology Show, which is the premier manufacturing technology event in North America. www.AMTonline.org