Media Center Info
Online Media Center
Log in to the online Media Center to view the press releases and images from the IMTS Exhibitors.
Media Center Hours
Dates: Monday, September 12 to Saturday, September 17
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The Media Center will be open on Sunday, September 11, from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. for early badge pickup. Each morning a daily event schedule (including press conferences) will be posted in the Media Center and on the kiosks.
Media Center Location
Location: Room S401. The IMTS Media Center has moved from the North Building to the opposite side of the Grand Concourse over the bridge and is now located in the South Building, Level 4, Room S401.
Media Briefing Room
There is a Media Briefing Room in the Media Center where press conferences are conducted. A press conference schedule will be updated regularly and will be posted in the Media Center at IMTS.
Media Center Equipment
Computer workstations will be available, as will wire drops for laptop plug-ins and wireless internet service. The Media Center will also be fully equipped with printers, copier and telephones for your convenience.
Exhibitors and editors should make full use of the IMTS.com Media Center by posting and accessing press releases and photos. NO paper, cd/dvd or memory stick press kits will be accepted in the Media Center. We will maintain a list of exhibitors who have press kits available in their booths and we will offer a service in the Media Center where staff will download materials for the media and either print them or save them to a memory stick.
Refreshments / Lunch
A complimentary lunch will be served each day from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Coffee, soft drinks and water will be available throughout the day.
Director – Exhibitions Strategy and Communications
National Press Club definition of a member of the working press:
- Work as a:
- Reporter, editor, writer, publisher
- Editorial or news cartoonist or artist
- News photographer or videographer
- Producer, president or general manager
- Librarian, Web master or other editorial employee
- Regularly issued
- Supported by advertising or paid subscriptions or published or funded by a non-profit organization
- Operated with editorial independence from any political, governmental, commercial or special interest
- Not a house organ of any organization or movement
- Published primarily for the dissemination of news
- Teach journalism at the college level as your primary professional activity and are an instructor, professor or dean
- Are principally a non-fiction author whose work has been published by a commercial printing house