Need Approval to Attend IMTS?
You'll make your supervisor look like the hero because superior employees know how to make the best choices using limited resources. Managers and supervisors who send their employees to IMTS consistently find their team is more motivated, more up-to-date on technology and trends, and more focused on reaching, and even exceeding, their company goals.
Attending IMTS 2024 can make the difference between your manufacturing operations thriving or stagnating. To crush the competition and succeed, you must keep up with technology … and stay on top of your game.
- Identify exhibitors and educational sessions that address your specific company needs.
- List your current priorities – cutting costs, more throughput, business development, diversification or other specific challenges and find corresponding education and solution providers you can meet at IMTS.
- Explain the relationship between IMTS activities and your company's goals. It is important to be able to list and talk about the benefits and how you can make an impact.
- Learn how you can successfully implement these innovations into your operation to cut costs, increase productivity and improve quality.
- Discover new approaches to your current practices and analyze best practices.
- Get practical solutions to your complex problems.
- Network and discuss hot topics with other manufacturing professionals.
Be a force of change in your company by bringing the knowledge home. Everyone benefits from your IMTS attendance because you can share best practices, success stories and practical solutions. And, you'll have the opportunity to transform your biggest challenges into your greatest accomplishments.
Learn at the IMTS 2024 Conference
The IMTS Conference brings the industry together, under one roof and at one time, to discuss new opportunities. Network with a community of your industry peers and explore fresh ideas to enhance your business. Leave with different perspectives on overcoming day-to-day and long-range challenges.
- Sessions complement what you see on the exhibit floor
- Gain insight into improving your production and operations
- Learn from professionals with solutions to your manufacturing challenges
Develop Your Proposal
Put your ideas in writing and submit a formal proposal to your department head. Be sure to include your intended schedule and why the knowledge you gain will be of value. List all the areas where you face challenges and the exhibitor and educational resources you will tap to overcome these challenges.
IMTS' show planning tool can help you make the most of your time and your investment. MyShow Planner allows you to build your own custom route along with a floor plan showing just the exhibitors you are most interested in visiting at IMTS 2024. The powerful search functionality allows you to focus on the companies and products you need to see at the show, and create a time efficient plan for your visit to the show.
You can choose to allow the exhibitors that you add on your MyShow Planner to see your contact information, allowing them to start a dialogue in advance of the event. You can also email your map to your supervisor to make certain you are both on the same page about what you want to see at the show.
Don't forget to include the cost of transportation, meals and lodging to make your proposal all-inclusive.
We have a sample memo that can help you sell the idea of attending IMTS to your manager.
After Your Visit
After your successful time at IMTS, follow up immediately with your direct supervisor. Give your firsthand impressions, share what you gained and how you will be able to apply what you learned. Refer back to your initial proposal and talk about how you fulfilled your goals and how you will implement the knowledge. Most importantly, let your manager know that your participation in IMTS was a worthwhile investment for your company.
After the show we'll send an email for you to login to the planner so you can see all the exhibitors who scanned your badge barcode during your visit to IMTS. This is a great tool for keeping track of all the knowledge and new contacts you made at IMTS.
Click here for a sample "Justify Your Trip" memo.