Inspect the Unexpected
Category: IMTS • Jan 13, 2021
Digital Inspection Product Demos & Technical Sessions
To be globally competitive, manufacturers are implementing digital inspection solutions that include new software, robots, and the digital twin. But with so much to choose from, the search can be daunting.
To serve you, IMTS spark is featuring a variety of options including 15-minute live demos, technical sessions, and exhibitor showrooms from trusted partners. Use this link to explore nearly 100 companies and topics about digital inspection solutions. Following are the latest events on digital manufacturing.
Product Demos (15-minutes)
- Plug-In with Hexagon Structured Light Scanners and PolyWorks by Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, Tues., Jan. 19, 11 a.m. CT, streamline your scanning and inspection workflow into a single software environment with clear productivity benefits and get direct real-time access to the complete functionality of Innovmetric’s universal platform.
- Direct Robot Control Function by Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc., Tues., Jan. 19, 11:15 a.m. CT, Learn how easy it is to control a robot through a Mitsubishi Electric M8 Series CNC controller--with the same programming language as machine tools--in automated manufacturing for inspection, part load/unload, and deburring.
IMTS Conference Sessions (On-Demand)
- How to Leverage the Digital Twin to Optimize Datum Features and Validate GD&T in Order to Reduce Manufacturing Costs and Lower Risk of Defects, Engineers from Dimensional Control Systems show you how to conduct these analyses and provide downstream instructions for manufacturing and inspection.
- Precision at all Altitudes with Multi-sensor Inspection Technology, Zeiss Senior Aerospace Engineer Mark O’Connell reviews a case study comparing tactile and optical inspection of airfoils; investigates bladed rotors and multi-vane stators; and evaluates sensor technology, CMM accessories and computed tomography to accurately measure internal and external dimensions.
- Computer Tomography (CT) to Automated Inspection Processes, Roger Wende of Volume Graphics presents how CT combines material analysis and metrology to reduce your measurement of uncertainty to insure a proper measurement strategy efficiently and effectively.
- Automating Small Part Measurement Inspection with Collaborative Robots, Dave Henderson of New Scale Robotics shows how manufacturing managers are finding success with cobots to perform QA and QC functions that are repetitive and boring and lead to a reduction in errors and help retain talent.
More demos and technical sessions on digital inspection are complimentary and available right now on IMTS spark.