Visualizing the future with MTFORECAST
Category: Events • Sep 18, 2019
(An abridged version of an article by Gail McGrew that was originally printed in AMT News. AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology is the owner and operator of IMTS.)
Gain insight into the manufacturing economy and industry trends that will drive your business in the next few years at MTFORECAST, October 2–4, 2019, at the Hilton Cleveland Downtown in Ohio.
MTFORECAST provides a road map for advanced manufacturers to build a better business strategy through customer industry insights, economic forecasting, and deep dives into market data.
Nationally recognized economists and industry analysts will again deliver forecasts and break down the data by major industries including aerospace, automotive, oil & gas, agriculture & construction, and medical for manufacturers to plan more confidently for the coming year.
MTFORECAST offers three educational tracks in business Strategy, Opportunity, and Data to let attendees choose those sessions most relevant to their business interests. The conference also includes plant tours and many networking opportunities.
The Strategy track includes best practices for development of sales forecasts and market strategies. Data track sessions explore ways to use market data more strategically to improve decision making, and the Opportunity track focuses on ways to identify new opportunities in emerging and/or expanding markets.
“MTFORECAST is the lens through which presenters view and break down the data and forecasts they discuss. There is no other single conference that brings together this quality and specificity of market data and analysis for this sector. Whether it’s industrial production forecasts, trends in energy prices, or new materials being used in the aerospace industry—machine tool companies will learn how it is likely to affect them in the next 12-24 months,” said Pat McGibbon, Chief Knowledge Officer, AMT.
MTFORECAST presenters include:
- Mark Killion, CFA, Director of U.S. Industries, Oxford Economics, will look at a variety of economic data and extract the information most relevant to the machine tool sector. He will look at the strength of business fixed investment, capital goods orders, industrial production forecasts for manufacturing, and growth in industrial production of machine tools.
- Steve Kline, Chief Data Officer and Industry Analyst, Gardner Business Media, will forecast machine tool consumption in 2020 and discuss the highlights of Gardner’s annual capital spending survey.
- Alan Beaulieu, President, ITR Economics, will forecast growth and discuss how the 12-month pressure curve (rate of growth) will affect machine tool sectors differently. His analysis will help companies allocate resources and plan strategically around the growth and contraction patterns likely in their respective sectors.
Plant tours this year include:
- Jergens, Inc., which manufactures 80 percent of its tooling components, fasteners, and hoist rings in their 130,000 sq. ft. Cleveland facility.
- Fredon Corporation, which provides contract manufacturing of precision parts to companies in the aerospace, electronics, machinery and equipment, medical, nuclear, and transportation industries.
MTFORECAST takes place October 2–4, 2019 at the Hilton Cleveland Downtown. Register for the conference at mtforecast.com.